What a fun series! These books are clever, informative and very hard to put down.
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Junior Edition
This is the first book of the series. It’s divided into 4 chapters, covering survival skills at home, at school, your social life and the outdoors. Entries that caught my eye:
- How to Survive Being Grounded
- How to Survive Going "Splat" in the Cafeteria
- How to Get Beyond a Bully
- How to Survive Outdoor Chores
The appendix has helpful information such as useful comebacks and making contracts with siblings.
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Weird Junior Edition
This book covers exactly what you'd think it covers - weird stuff. The chapters cover outer-space oddities, monsters, mysteries, time travel, magic and myths. The entries are funny and yet, at times, strangely informative. Sample entries:
- How to Avoid a Black Hole
- How to Survive a Vampire Attack
- How to Survive a Trip to the Past
- How to Get What You Want from a Genie
The appendix contains a field guide to magical woodland creatures and documentation forms for UFO sightings and bizarre-creature sightings.
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Gross Junior Edition
There is definitely gross stuff in this book. The chapters cover the human body, home, school and the wild kingdom. It has lots of information that's good to know. Sample entries:
- How to Deal with a Spit Talker
- How to Scoop Dog Poop
- How to Survive Lice
- How to Remove a Tick
The appendix includes information about the grossest human habits in history and gross practical jokes.
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Extreme Junior Edition
Yes, this one carries extreme stuff. There are 6 chapters covering survival in the sea, mountains, desert, jungle, arctic and on safari. Even if you never go to any of these environments, there's still a lot of helpful information here.
- How to Treat a Jellyfish Sting
- How to Avoid a Bear Attack
- How to Find Water in the Desert
- How to Catch Fish Without a Rod
- How to Survive Falling Through the Ice
The appendix contains several more pieces of helpful information.
There is also a Middle School edition of this series that you may want to check out. Have you read any of these books? What was helpful? Leave a comment!