Friday, May 6, 2011

3 Fun Book and Game Sites for Kids



Here are 3 websites that I thought you might like trying out. The first 2 sites are based on books that you’ve probably seen and maybe read.
.
Magic School Bus
This site has lots to check out.
  • games based on the Magic School House books
  • coloring pages
  • science experiments
  • science videos
  • online stories
.
Magic Tree House
This site offers adventures to follow. You are asked a series of questions to get clues. When you’ve gotten all 4 clues, there’s one more question to solve the mystery. Don’t know the answer? No problem. When I gave the wrong answers, I was just given more chances until I got it right.
You’ll be allowed to play the game once, without registering. Registering means giving your first name and your parents email address. If you register, they’ll keep track of your medals and offer more adventures.
.
This next site is not based on a book. It’s one I used to use in my classroom. It has lots of games that give practice with listening to sounds. They may not be as exciting as video games, but they’re worth trying. My personal favorite: Wizards and Pigs Poetry Pickle. It took me awhile, but I finally mastered it!
Earobics Game Goo
.
Please let me know what you think of these sites!
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment